Why keeping a healthy mind is crucial and how we can help you keep good mental health
Why keeping a healthy mind is important
Having a healthy mind and good mental health is important because it affects how we think, feel, and act. It also affects how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. A healthy mind is important at all stages of life from childhood onwards.
Positive mental health allows people to:
- Realise their full potential
- Cope with the stresses of life
- Work productively
- Make meaningful contributions to their communities
If you experience mental health problems your thinking, your mood, and your behaviour can all be affected.
Evidence suggests there are 5 steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing. If you give them a try, you may feel happier, more positive and able to get the most from life.
- Connect with the people around you. Spend time developing these relationships. .
- Find an activity that you enjoy and make it a part of your life.
- Learning new skills can give you a sense of achievement and a new confidence.
Give to others
- This can be anything from small acts such as a smile, a thank you, or a kind word to larger acts like volunteering in your community.
- Be more aware of the present moment, including your thoughts and feelings, your body and the world around you.
How we can help you keep your mind healthy
Our Health & Wellbeing Coaches provide a wide range of lifestyle advice and support to help you with keeping a healthy mind. They can teach you techniques and tips for achieving quality sleep, we can help you eat well and get more active, and we can signpost you to regular activities and volunteering opportunities in your community.
For personalised support, information, motivation or guidance to look after your emotional and physical health call The Wellbeing Service on 01254 682037 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone lines are open 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday
Healthy Minds links and resources
Where to go for support