Get on your Bike
Regular cycling can help you lose weight, reduce stress and improve your fitness. As a form of exercise, cycling has broad appeal.
Toddlers, pensioners, the able-bodied or people with disabilities can all enjoy cycling if they have the right equipment. Cycling is one of the easiest ways to fit exercise into your daily routine because it’s also a form of transport. It saves you money, gets you fit and is good for the environment. It’s a low-impact type of exercise, so it’s easier on your joints than running or other high-impact aerobic activities. But it still helps you get into shape.
Located in Witton Country Park, our cycle centre offers fun to all. With our wide variety of bikes, it doesn’t matter if you’ve cycled for years or you’re just starting to master the art of two wheels, there’ll be something for you. We look forward to welcoming you to Witton Cycle Centre!
As well as general bike hire sessions also include:
- Led rides – suitable for all abilities, from a relaxing Pedal Around The Park at a gentle pace, to more technical rides that focus on effective gear changing
- Inclusive cycle – this session takes place on the outdoor track at Witton Park Arena to help you gain confidence on a bike. Instructors will be on hand to help you get cycling in this safe, traffic free environment
- Bike Buggy led ride – the led ride is specifically for families with young children who haven’t quite mastered cycling yet, but want to explore further in the park. Our instructor will take you on an adventure around the park and keep the kids entertained along the way
- Maintenance workshops – our fully qualified cycle mechanic will run these basic maintenance workshops throughout the year and will cover topics to help you out on the road. Things like how to fix a puncture, how to prepare for a cycle ride and other basic topics to help your family maintain the bikes. Show your interest by speaking to one of our instructors
- Learn to Ride – at the Cycle Centre, we offer learn to ride courses for adults and children to help get the family cycling together. Each course is one session per week for 3 weeks and costs just£25 – this includes a FREE bike hire pass and a FREE gift. Please visit our Facebook page for current dates or call 01254 585555 for more information or to book.